P1 is a programmable device used to execute graphical programming language and communicate it to I/O expansion modules. P1 is typically used in a topology where network is designed with reliable twisted-pair floor level network, referred to as FT-10, high-speed Ethernet backbone, and Q-Bus I/O subnetwork. P1 routes Q-Bus traffic to the high-level Ethernet network. Protocols used on the Ethernet side include BACnet IP, Modbus TCP*, REST IoT*, and encrypted BACnet IP. Protocols used on the floor-level networks include FT-10, Q-Bus and VA-Bus.
To configure the P1 communication parameters, user will install the InetSupervisor Portal app application on a remote computer then perform device discovery during which all available P1 devices will show up.
The InetSupervisor Portal app performs a function of an IDE used to create programs, debug and compile. Simply drag graphical blocks, referred to as qubits, from the library and connect them with lines which define the path of data flow. P1 poses no limit to the length or complexity of the code other than hardware memory and CPU processing speed, which is displayed during debugging.
A high performance, scalable and programmable controller is formed by P1 in combination with one or more I/O devices. P1 performs program logic execution and directs its results to Q-bus I/O devices. Devices that connect to Q-BUS port of P1 include:
SO2 – 8 analog outputs, and 8 digital triac outputs
SG1 – gateway capable of performing the following tasks:
- Connectivity of Modbus RTU/RS-485 devices to the InetSupervisor Portal app graphical programming
One VA-BUS port capable of attaching one EnO1 antenna, or one H1.
P1 also includes one VA-BUS port suitable to connect one of the following devices:
- H1 – Human Interface , software-definable buttons, many feedback LEDs. Wall mounted.
- EnO1 – EnOcean antenna , provides wireless network connectivity, an AIR-Bus, to the Q-Bus. The following devices can reside on the AIR-Bus:
- L2 – 2 analog outputs 0-10V DC, optionally integrated motion and light level sensors, 12V DC powered.
- EnOcean sensors and switches, including lighting switch, temperature, CO2, humidity sensors, etc. For more, refer to the standard EnOcean 902MHz products.
P1-LON optional LonWorks interface includes 100 NVI (Network Variable Inputs) and 100 NVO (Network Variable Output). Due to changeable types feature, user can expose wanted information from within the graphical programming as a set of SNVT (Standard Network Variable Types) and connect/bind them to other FT-10 devices.
P1 includes on-board real-time clock with a full battery backup. The life expectancy of the battery backup is about 1 year with no external power. When connected to the Internet, P1 will use time servers to synchronize the time automatically, else the user needs to use the Portal app to set proper time.
*Future protocol support. Subject to change